Monday, October 24, 2011

Class of 2011


I started to write this post at least seven times, but continuously sighed and hit the backspace button, dissatisfied and wondering how on Earth I could appropriately sum up my week. The answer lies within the lines of that very dilemma. It’s next to impossible to articulate how it felt to finish school; instead it’s a collection of emotion, not a collection of words. I deliberately waited a few days before I tried to write, thinking I’d let myself go through the motions so I could reach the other side, sigh contentedly and write my heart out…with it all seamlessly making sense. Shame on me for thinking four days would lend me the time I need to swim through those motions.

Each emotion marches on in, feeling like it’s here to stay, before the other sweeps in and quickly takes it place.  There is happy and sad, anxious and excited, worried and enthusiastic, nervous and glad. There is ‘so incredibly sad to say goodbye to the elements of that life, and so incredibly thrilled to say hello to freedom and travel and beginning something else.’ It would be nice, one day in the coming days to reach the balance between both. I think, possibly maybe, that balance will come once I am rid of final exams and NEW YORK is that little bit closer…Sayonara school, hello City that never sleeps.  

Photographs: 

Our final assembly. Pictured: Danielle, Amelia, Rosie, Myself, Ella and Clare

 Ella and Myself

A few images of Sophie from tonight. Clicking away is my healing. Better than a massage or spa I swear.






In her school dress, how fitting.


ALSO - Please! If you haven't already, head to my Facebook Page and hit like if you wish! And if you would reeeally love to help me out, share it on your wall, your twitter, your own blog, wherever! And if you do, let me know so i can thank-you! 

FINALLY - To each of the amazing girls apart of class of 2011. Each of you is so incredible, and each of you will do something amazing with your life, i am just excited i will get to witness it. Make sure you put your trust in what you love, and you will end up right where you need to be. I promise :) 

All my love, XX

11 comments:

  1. It feels like only yesterday you were capturing the moments of our last day so beautifully. I can't believe it's been a whole year. It has been wonderful to watch you grow not only as a person but as a photographer. You never cease to amaze me.
    Love Beth. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you beautiful girl. So proud to be a part of your journey. You are like another daughter to me love Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have shared this memory with you and so glad to see you come this far. Can't wait for our futures. All my love, Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an incredible thing. Will miss not being able to see you everyday, but I know you will be doing bigger and better things. Can't wait to see your name everywhere. Love you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel all the love over here on this blog....there is so much excitement and happiness....no time to think of the sadness. You're about to shine and face your best years yet. Beautiful shots of your sister, and wonderful shots of the graduation.

    Elodie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos! It is a sad yet happy time, graduation.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My beautiful talented daughter, you continue to amazing me. Such a gift you have for photography and writing...so wise beyond your 17 years. May you travel lightly through life, may the road ahead be filled with joyful memories and may you look back upon your life as an amazing adventure....remember to always follow your passion and use your heart as a compass...I love you more than I can ever express in words...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh these photos are glorious! The first one reminded me deeply of virgin suicides O_O in a good way kekeke!

    When are you going to New York? It is so wonderful there, you'll love it i'm sure!

    Your blog is a feast for the eyes O_O I love the phtots you take of your little brother, he's adorable! (I have been exploring the archives of your blog as you can maybe tell. It's quite addictive!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im happy for your great achievements. Good luck to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That top photograph made me teary...I can only imagine what the day must have been like.

    Wonderful photographs. Your talent will guide you to incredible places you have dreamed about, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! these photos are great! very professionally taken :D

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are more than welcome and greatly appreciated. If you wish to chat further, email me here: kat.schultz@hotmail.com